Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Is It Time Yet?

It's All Nano's Eve...I mean...Halloween, and you know what that means!  Yep...I've been sitting around with my twitter open jealously staring at all the people who get to do sprints because my time zone hasn't rolled over in to November yet.

I've always liked Halloween.  As a kid it had a lot more to do with the candy I got to collect from the people in our neighbourhood (I distinctly remember having to dump it all out when we got home so my mom could go through it and throw out anything open, and possibly take some of her favourites too.)

Now, of course, Halloween has a whole new meaning for me.

My year has suddenly shifted.  I no longer think of December as the end of the year, instead, October 31st ends out my year, and the first of November starts it over again.

What I'm basically saying, is that it's New Years in a couple of hours, and I'm so excited!

This November is jam packed with things happening.  I've got nano (of course) which my goal is to write 320k words this year.  completely possible, by the way.  I wrote 300k last year.  I'm also goind down to San Francisco in the middle of the month for the ever amazing Night of Writing Dangerously!

For those of you who don't know, The Night of Writing Dangerously is a function hosted by OLL (Office of Letters and Light) to raise money for Nano.  To go you have to raise at least $250, then pay for your own flight there, your own hotel room, and your own flight home. (I've already raised what I need, but I wanted to help out Nano more.  If you'll direct your attention to the column on your right, you'll notice a section dedicated to donations.  I would LOVE it if anyone is willing to donate.  Even $5 helps.)  Basically 250 Wrimos get together and have one huge write in.  The night is completed with a complementary candy bar and all sorts of other goodies.  I can't freaking wait.

Finally (for now, you never know what other craziness I'm willing to pack in to the month) I've got the Epic Month of Blog Posts. (Also to your right you'll see a list of bloggers who have agreed to participate this year.)  The idea behind this is that you have to write a blog post a day (each blog post much contain at least 50 words).  there's no where to keep track, but it's fun.  We did it last year, and this year we thought we'd ask others to join in the insanity.

So now that I know all of this is coming, you'd think I'd be dreading it.  So much to do, so little time!  Really, there's only 24 hours in a day and I have to sleep at some point (at least, that's what other people keep trying to tell me.  I just smile and nod)..

Somehow, though, it's excitement that has me staring at the clock counting down the hours until we can start writing.  (I swear, the last half hour has gone slower than all day at work...)  What makes it worse is watching the nanosprints on twitter.  See, for some of the world it is November 1st, and they've already started.  It makes me want to pick up my pen (okay, okay, put my fingers on the keyboard) and get writing!

Sadly there's another four hours before we can have that first word war.  I will wait with bated breath (or rather, impatiently tapping my foot) until I can start writing the words I've been planning since July.

Expect my first Epic Month Of Blog Posts entry tomorrow!  I've got to go glare at people across the world now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all excited as well. I wish you luck with everything, I still can't believe that your doing 4 stories this year. I'm trying for 2 this year

    ReplyDelete