Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wait...I'm Not Playing Catch Up?

So, I set some goals for myself about halfway through last month.  What usually happens when I do something like this is that I think I have so long before my goal, that I start to procrastinate.  And then I continue to procrastinate until I realize I have to go to bed.  And then days have gone by.  And then suddenly the goal date is only a couple of days away and there's nothing done, and I end up missing the goal date completely.

When I set these goals, that thought was in the back of my mind.  I thought I was going to let the same things happen.  That I was going to just let those date fly by and my goals would disappear right along with them.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't purposely intend to miss those dates.  I didn't think that I would just let those days go by and not care, I just kind of assumed that I would do the same thing I always do.

Imagine my surprise when I realized that it's the fifth of the month, and I'm currently three and a half chapters in to the ten chapters I need to have done by the fifteenth.  Which means that, as of right now, I'm on track with my editing goal.  On Track!

As for my planning goal, I'm actually about 75% of the way through the brainstorming and cast list compilation, which need to be done for the end of day Sunday.  Which means, I'm on track with that too.

I think this might actually be the first time I've ever been on track for any of my goals that weren't a part of nano.

Unfortunately, I've been pretty busy this month (and I don't actually think that's going to change any time soon.  But now that I'm on track (and plan on actually finishing one of those goals) I'm determined to continue on this path of productivity.

As soon as I'm done this I'm going to be working on more editing.  (I only have about two and a half hours before I go to bed, so we'll see how much I actually get done.)  I'm hoping to get to the end of chapter 25.

With that said, though, I think it's time for me to get to work.  So I'll talk to you all on Sunday!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That's awesome news! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Danni, keep moving forward and you never know, you could end up getting ahead of your goal.

    ReplyDelete