Saturday, November 10, 2012

Catching Up (day 10)

There comes a time in every single nano where I find myself behind and have to catch up. And because my goals are so much higher than most wrimos, that means that when I get behind, I really get behind.

This weekend I decided I had to catch up completely on my goal. Of course, I have to write about 40k words over the weekend. And I mean that literally. I was sitting at just over 80k words, and by the end of the weekend, I was supposed to be at 121k words. That means lots of typing for me.

I made some progress today, with a very productive write in bringing me just over 6k words, I'm ending the day with 17k written, and my total hovering just under 96k. That's about 4k less than I wanted to have before the end of the night, but I'm going to try and make them up after midnight, as well as a few extra so that I”m not rushing tomorrow. With any luck the bottom of my blog will announce my total word count being 121k tomorrow night.

Anyway, I need to get back to writing so that I can actually finish this year. (I'll admit, I had a low point yesterday where I thought it wasn't going to happen, but I go over it. Just need to push through, and everything will be alright.)

Happy writing!

*  *  *

Daily Word Count: 17,405
Total Word Count: 95,875

 

No comments:

Post a Comment