Friday, November 9, 2012

Writing Past The Pain (Day 9)

For those of you not currently in Calgary, let me give you a run down on our weather these last couple of days:

  1. Snow
  2. Melted Snow
  3. More snow
  4. Freezing Temperatures
  5. A little (lot!) more snow.

Aside from the driving conditions (Don't get me started on this. Trust me...) this has had another super fun side effect.

Headaches.

Yep, the change in temperature brings with it a change int he pressure in the air, and that produces lovely headaches. Headaches that really help when you're trying to write a novel.

The last three days I have had a headache that I just can't seem to get rid of. And with starting a new novel and knowing that I need to get caught up (as I'm now nearly 13k behind my goal) that headache isn't making anything easier.

Even this blog post is making me wince.

But this weekend, I have a lot to do, including trying to get ahead in preparation of the trip we're taking next week. So I can't let myself give in to the headache (as I've been doing for the last couple of days.) I have to get working and not let myself slack off.

What makes it hard for you to write?


*  *  *
 
Daily Word Count: 2,870
Total Word Count: 78,470

No comments:

Post a Comment