Sunday, November 18, 2012

Night Of Writing Dangerously (Day 18)

Today is the Night of Writing Dangerously!

In previous years this day went by just like any other day.  I never really gave any thought to the idea of flying all the way to San Francisco, especially during November, just to go to a single event.

So, this year, I'm in San Francisco!

Obviously, the night hasn't started yet.  I'm writing this blog post early in an attempt to not have to write it half asleep (and possibly slightly tipsy) at the end of the night.   But I'm so excited!

This trip is the first time I've been outside of Canada.  It's the first time I've spent this much money just to go to something like this.  Usually my vacations involve visiting family, but this year is all about writing, and seeing other writers and even meeting the people that make NaNo possible!

There's going to be a candy bar, and an open bar.  Food and people.  Laptops and stories.  Competitions and socialization!

So much is going to be happening, I don't know how I'm going to keep up with it all, but I'm sure I'll manage.

Writing hasn't happened yet today.  Go figure.  But I'm sure I'll get some done tonight.  With 250 other writers there, some of whom I'm certain are behind on their goals, there's bound to be some great writing going on.

Anyway, I have to start getting ready, so I hope that everyone meets their goals today!  Good luck!

*  *  *

Daily Word Count: Unknown
Total Word Count: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment