Monday, November 19, 2012

Getting My Motivation Back (Day 19)

So, after a month full of unmotivated procrastination, I decided to start looking around the nano forums.  This could have been an attempt at more procrastination.  In fact, I would be willing to bet that it was exactly that.

Anyway, the point is, I came across some cyborgs just like myself. (Well, they call themselves 'overachievers' but I won't hold that against them.)

So, what's so exciting about finding these people?  Well, that's easy.  You see, I have been having a hard time feeling motivated, because my motivation comes from competition (yes, I know that I won't always have competition to keep me moving forward, but I'm working on that).  the point is, I found people that I could compete against!  People that didn't think it was strange that I was going for 300k.  People who didn't even ask why I was going for it, they just accepted it for what it was.

So, I added them as writing buddies, then I created a word war chart here so that I could see who was doing the best.

Honestly, I don't know if any of them even care about that aspect, but if it keeps me going for the rest of the month (and maybe even gets me caught up) I'm not going to complain too much.

Well, I don't have a whole lot of time today.  I keep watching their counts going up, and I haven't been writing yet today, so I've got to get me some food and get writing.  Talk to you all later!!

*  *  *

Daily Word Count: 4,962
Total Word Count: 143,535

No comments:

Post a Comment