Monday, November 26, 2012

OWUD (Day 26)

For those of you that don't know what the title means, it's: Obsessive Wordcount Updater Disorder.

Today I'm planning on raising awareness for those of us with OWUD.  Let me tell you a little bit about it, since I don't think it's very well known.  This disorder is really only something that you see among wrimos.

What happens is that every single time they finish a word war, or a writing session, instead of waiting until the end of the day and updating their word count all at once like most wrimos do, they feel the inexplicable urge to update it right away.  To keep it up to date at all time.

It's a terrible disorder that leaves them feeling out of sorts if they're away from the internet and don't have the ability to get it updated.

And, I'm here today to tell you that I suffer from OWUD.

That's right.  I have this disorder, and I'm willing to shout it out to the world!

If you know anyone else that has this disorder, I beg you.  Please let them use your internet to update their word count.  You might not like what they turn in to if you don't.

**disclaimer: OWUD is not a real disorder.  Any and all individuals who may suffer from it are writers who are prone to being drama queens.  It's best to deal with such individuals in a quick and easy manner by simply walking away.  DO NOT FEED SUFFERERS AS YOU WILL NOT GET RID OF THEM AGAIN. **

*  *  *

Daily Word Count: 13,095
Total Word Count: 228,869

No comments:

Post a Comment