Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Travelling Blues (Day 21)

So, our plane was delayed.  Again.  This time, of course, it was because of bad weather here in Calgary.  I really should have known that the day wasn't going to get much better from there.

Actually, it probably all started before that.  Back yesterday when we couldn't get checked in on the website.  Then I didn't get up very early, and had to rush to get ready.  Then the fact only I could get both of my boarding passes due to someone booking the trip in their nickname rather than their full name.

Then we got home (to -12 degree weather, but I didn't expect anything different.  It's Calgary.  And we got delayed.) That's when I got to have the pleasure of finding out that my car -- my new car that I just got two months ago -- is not working.

My day is not conducive to writing.  I opened the program, I stared at the words.  I even tried to motivate myself with staring at higher word counts than my own, but nothing seems to work.  So, I'm going to take the day off.  It pains me, because I was making progress, but I can continue the progress tomorrow.  And I will.  Tomorrow there will be writing like you've never seen before!  20k at the very least!  No time to just sit around and do nothing!

But tonight?  Tonight is for me.

*  *  *

Daily Word Count: NADA
Total Word Count: 161,239

No comments:

Post a Comment